My bad I already failed at doing the challenge everyday. One of my cousins was getting married and I was distracted. But I still want to finish this book within 21 day! So my days and chapters will be a bit off from yours, hopefully if you continued, if you didn’t that’s fine too. Have a blessed day 🙂
- What information was given?
The Pharisees Nicodemus was talking with Jesus and actually accepted him as a teacher of God. He then asked him many different questions on how to become born again. In chapter three Jesus is explaining about being born again and recites the famous verse in John 3:16. “For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him shall not parish but have ever lasting life.” After this Jesus and his disciples go to the Judean countryside and run into John the Baptist in the river preaching. He was explaining that he was NOT the Lord himself, but a messenger for whoever receives the Lord will have eternal life.
- What verses stood out to you and why?
- Jesus answered him “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” -John 3:3
- I like this verse because you could go to church, you could volunteer, and you could be a good “Christian” on the outside, BUT if you do not TRULY BELIEVE in Him and His power and truth, you cannot really see his beauty, mercy and blessing he has for us.
- “If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things” –John 3:12
- Truth! If somebody cannot listen and accept the physical truth on Earth, how much harder would it be to accept a spiritual abstract idea? The Lord is good to us to show us signs and gives us blessing to let us know that he is there. But if somebody cannot accept the concept of gravity or wind I would hardly expect them to believe, I mean TRULY BELIEVE, in God.
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not parish but have everlasting life”. –John 3:16
- It is hard for me to read this verse without feeling loved. Growing up as a Christian I have read this verse over and over again and never thought of it being more than words. But once I truly understood what I was telling me, wow. God allowed for his ONLY SON, his own child, to die for a whole ton of sinners. That is a crazy amount of love.
- What did I not understand or want to learn more about?
- Although I read through John 3:22-36 a few times I am still confused of what John the Baptist is saying. I understand that he is telling the world of God’s love and warning them of His wrath, but that’s all I got from these verses.
- What were some new things you learned in the chapter?
- I had no idea that Nicodemus was a Pharisees or that he believed Jesus’ teachings.